We strongly recommend only using the bulk importer on a desktop computer.
If you need help or hit an issue, please ping us a message with your bulk import files so we can find and fix any bugs.
How to export your recipes from MasterCook:
As outlined on MasterCook's FAQ here.
- Select Export and Mail from the File menu in MasterCook. Click on the Folder tab.
- At the top of the Export tab select the folder on your computer to save the recipe file to
- Use the MasterList to select all the recipes you want, then drag/drop them into the box in the Export and Mail window.
- Under Export Options be sure you have MC 14 Format With Images (*.MZ2) selected.
- At the bottom of the Export and Mail window, use the Single File setting and type in a name for the .mz2 file
- Save the recipe .zip file to your device folders.
How to import your recipes into CookBook:
- Go to CookBook's bulk importer
- Sign in to your CookBook account
- Click on 'MasterCook'
- Drag and drop or click to upload your recipe file
- Wait until the loading spinner has finished reading your recipe file (please be patient if you have a lot of recipes)
- All recipes will automatically be selected for import, untick any you do not wish to import.
- You can click the dropdown on a recipe to see what info we have gathered from your recipe file (please note pictures do not display here but will be imported)
- Click 'Import' at the top or 'Import Selected Recipes' at the bottom
- Watch as the importer adds all of your recipes to your CB account!
- Once the import has completed you will see a 'Import Complete' pop up.
- Any errors will be displayed in the 'Failed' section. We recommend hitting retry.
- If retry does not work, you can edit these recipes and/or make changes to allow them to be saved.
- Go into your CookBook account on the web app or Apple/Android App and hit 'Sync' on the side menu.
- All recipes you have imported will be automatically tagged with the import date and time.
- Happy cooking! 🥳
Bulk deleting recipes within a tag:
If for some reason your import does not work, you can bulk delete all recipes within a tag via the bulk importer.
- Go to CookBook's bulk importer.
- Sign in to your CookBook account or if already signed in, click on your username in the top right corner then click 'Manage'
- Select which tag you'd like to delete all recipes from.
- Click 'Delete All'
- Confirm - NOTE: This PERMANENTLY DELETES ALL RECIPES WITHIN THE TAG and completely removes these recipes from your CookBook account